Monday 1 September 2014

Stuck?! Sketches: September 1st Sketch, Reveal and Celebration!!

Hello, everyone! So happy you took the time to drop by! Can you believe September is already here? I usually love this month as it's often the start of good things. Everything seems to be able to be started with a clean slate in September. This year, for me, it means my return to work after a year's worth of maternity leave with my sweet Éloïse. YIKES! But, I am ready. I think... ;) Why not take my mind off of what's ahead with a bit of scrapbooking? That always helps! And a Stuck?! Sketches reveal on top of that?! Woo!Hoo!

The uber-talented Laura Whitaker sent us this awesome sketch to work with:


Nice, eh? And if this wasn't enough, Scrapmatts generously sent us tons of yummy products to play with! WOO!HOO! Here are the sets I used on my layout:



And here is what I created:


See the chipboard? Here are some closer looks:



Used tons of Glitz Design's Finnley on this layout (patterned paper, whatnots, giant rhinestones, washi tape, alphabets & words sticker sheet, and titles & accents sticker sheet). But wait! What's that I see? A piece of white Stampin' Up cardstock as my background! Be still my beating heart!! For those of you who know me, you know that this is very rare!! :) But I really do like the look it creates. Besides the Glitz and the Scrapmatts chipboard, I also used a Bazzill Basics circle stitching template with some DMC floss, some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, as well as a Tim Holtz stencil with some Distress Ink. This time, no buttons from an unknown source, but I did thread my chipboard banner pieces with some baker's twine I received as a gift ages ago. Manufacturer? No idea! ;) Oh! And just about those Making Memories staples. Love them!!

But wait! There's more!


Mm-mmm, that's right! It's been one year since Laura has taken on the wonderful Stuck?! Sketches blog and she is celebrating with TONS of prizes from some amazing sponsors. Curious, now? I would be, too! Here's the list of amazing prizes up for grabs for today's sketch over at Stuck?!:

Scrapmatts: a $50 gift certificate
Lindy's Stamp Gang: a $35 gift certificate
Words or Whatever: 20 pieces of chipboard of the winner's choice
Die Cuts with a View: a paper stack of the winner's choice
Linnie Blooms: newly-released product
Big Picture Classes: a $30 gift certificate towards a class of the winner's choice

Yes, you read right! By scrapping away with this sketch and linking your design to today's reveal over at Stuck?! Sketches, you'll get the chance to be the one of not one, not two, but six winners!! Holy smokes! Get your scrap on right now and... GO! Hee!Hee!

Here's to Laura, Stuck?! Sketches, fabulous sponsors, inspiring reveals, and scrapbookers the world over!! Cheers!!

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. oh, what a fabulous take on the sketch! Love the colors you used here and that banner. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic page, love what you did with your goodies too!

    ReplyDelete