Saturday 1 February 2014

Let's Capture Our Memories: Sketch #57

Hi, everyone! Another week, another reveal day over at Let's Capture Our Memories. This week, the girls played with sketches by Kimberley Figures. Here they are:



Now, I must admit, I had lots of trouble getting started with these sketches. I couldn't get going, you know? I actually made another card, but just wasn't happy with it. Has that ever happened to you? But then, I started looking around on blogs and galleries, and found this great card by Kim Kesti for Simple Stories over here that reminded me of the card sketch:


... and then I thought to myself, just think outside the box, Aurelie. This has happened to me in the past and what I usually do to get over the creative block is to look past what's on the sketch and/or scale it down. So... Want to see what I came up with? Tada!



Used TONS of Basic Grey for these projects - Kneehighs & Bowties to be precise (which you can find right here!). Also used one of those fabulous new Tim Holtz stencils with some Stampin' Up ink, Pink Paislee, Maya Road, American Crafts, Tattered Angels, and DMC floss using my handy Bazzill Basics stitiching template. And I can't forget that scalloped rectangle cut with my Silhouette. LOVE!! Oh! And I also added a Tim Holtz wooden number, Basic Grey brads and Stampin' Up ribbon on there as well.

You see? It's all about the process. We all start from somewhere. Some of us stick with the plan and some of us kind of divert on a tangent. I'm more of a tangent-kind-of-girl I think... This week anyways. ;)

Oh! And please hop on over to today's LCOM blog reveal to see what the girls designed this week. Play along with them and you just might win a fabulous prize! Woo!Hoo!

I can't believe it! I almost forgot - as promised, today I can talk to you a bit about what's coming ahead on the LCOM blog. Starting Monday, there will be two extra posts every week. Mondays will be for you to see how we are inspired and what we do with that inspiration. And Thursdays will be all about the product shuffle - using those products we all love in a totally new and beautiful way. Can't wait for the fun to begin!! Yahoo!

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Love your projects Aurelie!! I love the paper rolls on that card! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO Aurelie. The photo is just adorable on the layered papers. I love both cards but the second with the rolled papers is great.

    ReplyDelete