Saturday 7 September 2013

SCRAPfriends' YummyScrap #16: Colour Palette Challenge

Happy weekend to all! Even if I have started my maternity leave a little early, there's just something about Saturday mornings that I love. Everyone is home, relaxed, cozy... I really love that.

On a scrappier note, as some of you know, I really enjoy doing colour challenges. And the group from scrapfriends.com host a colour challenge every month that I try to participate in as much as possible. The design team over there is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and the participants also produce some awesome projects. Here is the great colour combo they gave to us this month:

Now, I don't know if it's the colour combination or rather the blueberries that drew me in, but as soon as I saw this combo, I knew I wanted to pull out some scrappy supplies and go for it. And ta-da!


Here is my son, Louis-Olivier, playing a Star Wars boardgame my husband and I bought over ten years ago. We never could have imagined that we would eventually play this same game with our very own son - and bonus - it's actually an awesome way to practice additions and substractions!! Who knew!?! Using a Becky Fleck sketch for PageMaps, I mixed and matched some Heidi Swapp and October Afternoon patterned papers and embellishments, and sprinkled them with some Studio Calico, Evalicious, Close to My Heart, Prima, DMC, and American Crafts.

Head on over to this month's combo reveal over at scrapfriends.com. You'll be blown away - I promise!

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout! Love your mix of papers and embellishments, and use of the colours. Great to have you playing along at Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable layout!!! thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends :)

    ReplyDelete