Saturday 6 July 2013

SCRAPfriends' YummyScrap #14 - Colour Palette Challenge June 2013

Hi, everyone! We went to Cape Breton last weekend and I made the most of it by scrapbooking with one my sisters, Ginette, with whom I definitely do not scrap enough! I had seen the SCRAPfriends' YummyScrap #14 - Colour Palette Challenge June 2013 right before I left and absolutely fell in love with the clean feel of the colour combo. Here it is:

Isn't it awesome?!? :) It instantly made me think of photos I had of one my nieces, and here is what I came up with:


Using a Kristine Davidson sketch, I dabbed into my stash of Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny, Echo Park, Stampin' Up, Bella Blvd, Tim Holtz, Studio Calico, Bazzill Basics, and The Worker's Craftshop along with some miscellaneous buttons, baker's twine, and paper clips. I also used my EK Success Circle Scissor which I absolutely L-O-V-E!! The smaller circle were punched with a regular hole punch. Gotta love those tools!

Oh! And did you notice my mistake - no opportunity? I was so proud! I was almost done sewing the word SUNSHINE, when my husband, who casually came in to see us said, "Uh... did you miss a letter?" Well! Once upon a time, I would have started the whole layout all over again, but I thought to myself, "There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, just opportunities!" and off I went in my alpha stash to find a suitable font to make it work. A story to be told in classes for SURE! :)

Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. ...and if you'd never said about the title I would just have thought how funky & cool it looked!!! And I LOOOOVE how you've used the chevrons & those circles......you've totally ROCKED this one...great to have you at SF too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME LOVE THE DESIGN AND COLORS...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page!! love the use of white space here! thanks for playing along with us at SF :)!

    ReplyDelete