Saturday 1 June 2013

Let's Capture Our Memories: Sketch #22

Hello, everyone! And happy first day of June!! I have always loved this month. Not only is it my own birthday month, but many of my most special scrappy peeps were also orn in June so I know that there will be lots of get togethers in the next few weeks. YOUPI!

This week, at Let's Capture Our Memories, we had the chance to work with this sketch by Melissa Williams:


Now, I know, at first glance, one would think that this is solely a card sketch, but LCOM has asked some of its designers to think outside the box and make a layout! I must admit, I was stumped for a few days, but all of a sudden, I saw the shape of those string-tie envelopes and it immediately inspired me to seek out a good online tutorial to make my own. Here is the layout I made:


Supplies: Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, Queen & Co., Prima, Tim Holtz, Pink Paislee, DMC, Stampin' Up, American Crafts.

That tutorial I found? Super dooper easy! Here it is:

http://www.minieco.co.uk/diy-string-tie-envelopes/

Now, head on over to the LCOM blog page and see what some other designers did using this sketch. And you can play along, too! There is a prize up for grabs each month!! Woo!Hoo!

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment