Saturday 18 August 2012

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #145 --- REVEAL!!!

Gotta be honest.  It was a think-outta-the-box type of week for me.  And this week's sketch by Natalie Roy at LCOM really through me for a loop:



I actually had to step back from it for a few days in order to figure out what I was going to do with it.  I had to think about this one, had to look at it from another perspective... and then it hit me.  Look at the elements and work them into your design rather than mimic the sketch per say. Once I had that a-ha moment, everything fell into place.  And here is what I came up with:


I have always loved this picture of my oldest sister's family - it was taken at a time where big changes for them were being planned out.  My sister's favourite colour is green and with the sepia tone of the picture, I immediately thought of this old Basic Grey collection - Origins.  I've always loved it and have used it often through the years, being greatly inspired by the amazing Kelly Goree.  I only have odds and ends left of the collection and I now needed a non-Origins 12X12 piece for my background.  Once upon a time, this would have set off a scrappy panic attack, but I have learned to love to mix and match products on layouts.  So, off I went into my neutral/generic bag of mix-matched papers and found this old October Afternoon print that matched perfectly.  I was so happy!!  I added a piece of Pink Paislee Mistables paper (I like it so much as is, that I have yet to try spraying it!!), some Prima flowers and bling (that particular line of bling is my all-time favourite! EVER!!), Maya Road pins, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze (but of course!), and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text.  Oh! And who can forget that good ol' piece of ripped cardboard?  I hadn't done that in a long time!!  Love it!!

Now, for those of you who know me best, d'you notice?  NO STITCHING!!  I stapled instead!!  With the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher Stapler.

And those alphas?  Basic Grey chipboard alphas that I have had in my scrappy stash since the very beginning... almost 4 years and counting... Still love them!!

If you want some amazing inspiration, click on the link below.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G inspiration from an awesome group of layout designers!!

Let's Capture These Sketches: Sketch #145 --- REVEAL!!!: This week's awesome sketch is brought to you by the lovely Natalie Roy ! The ladies on the team have really outdone themselves and have som...

No comments:

Post a Comment